Monday, July 23, 2012

Chevron Birthday Quilt

A while ago I decided that I wanted to try and make a quilt for my nieces and nephews on their 10th birthdays. My oldest nephews birthday came up faster than expected but I did get a quilt made for him. I asked him several months ago what he would want to decorate his room like if he had his choice and he said he would ; want a Kansas State room. Of course I was totally happy to make a K-State quilt.  
I used old jeans to make the denim part of the chevron pattern. I used this tutorial for making the chevron pattern without having to make triangle pieces. 
I used interfacing to cut out the letters and the powercat and stitching them on using a blanket stitch on my machine.

I decided to tie this quilt and it was a pretty simple process.
I am so happy with how this quilt turned out and I hope that Garrett likes it just as much!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

Scout’s Stitches


No comments:

Post a Comment