Thursday, April 19, 2012

Come Visit

Monarch Gardens, my new native prairie garden coaching business, will be making some appearances. You’ve got a couple chances to talk to me in person over the next week–and I promise you good conversation and lots of helpful info, among other goodies. I may even wear cologne.

Lincoln Earth Day
Party at Antelope Park
Sunday 4/22
12-5pm
Our booth is right across from the farmer’s market. Can’t miss it. 80 vendors will be there!

Spring Affair Plant Sale
Lancaster Event Center
Friday 4/27, 6-9pm (special preview party)
Saturday 4/28, 9-4pm
Our booth is in the front row facing the plants. Biggest plant sale in the Midwest! It gets crazy. Thousands of people.

Here’s what you’ll find at our booth:

– Plants for sale, cheap (Earth Day only)
– Native plant seeds
– Fine art photograph prints
– My Nebraska garden memoir: Sleep, Creep, Leap
– Information on monarch butterflies, including how to raise them
– Lists of the best native plants for wildlife, and why natives are so important
– How to grow chemical free and often carefree
– And maybe, if we get real lucky and the southern winds are strong, monarch eggs. Remember, milkweed is not a weed, which is why I call it wilkmeed.

If you’re at Spring Affair you could hire me for a bit to walk around and pick out some good natives. Ahem.

In June I’ll be presenting again on native Nebraska wildflowers at Finke Gardens. Hope to see you soon!


T h e | D e e p | M i d d l e


No comments:

Post a Comment