Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lemon Pull-Aparts

valentines decor 024

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I ♥♥♥ lemon!

When I saw these luscious “Lemon Pull-Aparts” on Creations by Kara’s

blog, I knew, right away, that I had to try them.

They were SOOOO easy!



Lemon Pull-Aparts

Rolls:

12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp butter, melted

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Directions:

Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9×13″ pan.

Drizzle with the melted butter.

Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl.

Sprinkle HALF of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls.

Cover and let raise till doubled.

Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.

Bake at 350º for about 20-25 minutes.

Remove from pan. (I didn’t do this…BIG mistake!)

Combine glaze ingredients.

Drizzle over rolls while still warm.

Enjoy!

valentines decor 015

valentines decor 021

Just hot out of the oven.

Here is where I made my mistake.

I left them in the pan to cool.

WRONG!!

The sugar/lemon mixture hardens as it cools &

it was like cement, holding down those yummy little treats.

valentines decor 024

I drizzled the sugar/lemon glaze over them right in the dish.

It was a real struggle to pry those puppies out, but I somehow managed!

valentines decor 025

They were full of wonderfully lemony sweet goodness &

worth all the extra effort to get them loose.

If YOU make them, just follow the directions & you’ll be fine.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

I’m partying with Michael Lee for

Foodie Friday.

Come join the fun & thanks for stopping by The Gazebo House!

fondly,

Rett


The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment