Thursday, April 12, 2012

Knits

doll pjs 001

Remember the AG dolls pajamas I made for Ms. C. for Christmas? Well, I made her some matching pjs & a dress to wear as well, from knit fabrics.
Knits used to scare me but I’m doing better with them, now that I have a serger & have learned a few tricks, like using ball point needles.

12-31-11 011

I’ve been using this vintage Kwik Sew pattern as the base for all the tops, sometimes widening it at the bottom & by changing the sleeve length & finishes.

12-31-11 010

Like on the little top, shown above,

I used a knit from Hobby Lobby &

some stretch Cluny lace from JoAnns for the cuffs,

rather than ribbing, as shown in the pattern.

This fabric wanted to roll something fierce so

I starched the heck out of it, prior to cutting out the pattern.

I made pj bottoms, too, but

those went home with her before I could get a photo.

me 011 cropped

Here she is modeling a little hooded dress

I made from a much nicer knit fabric.

I think this one came from Sew Baby &

you can really tell the difference in the weight &

drape of it, compared to the thinner one from Hobby Lobby.

It has ♥♥♥‘s on it, but doesn’t scream

“Valentines Day!”

me 019 cropped

It was MUCH easier to work with &

her Mom told me she LOVES this dress &

puts it on as soon as it comes out of the wash!

That really made my day!!

~~BIG SMILE~~

I have another one in the works already.

Gotta make use of the traced pattern before she outgrows it!

valentines day food & decor 019

From the leftover scraps, I made her Mom an insulated mug wrap.

(shown on MY cup)

Directions can be found HERE.

I’m going to purchase a pretty white cup to slide it over &

will tuck in some gift cards to Starbucks for Valentines Day.

I hope you get a nice gift, too,

from someone who loves you!

Thanks for stopping by The Gazebo House.

Won’t you join me in a hot cuppa something?

I’ll be partying over at Susan’s Between Naps on the Porch

for her Metamorphosis Monday meme

as well as The Tablescaper’s

Seasonal Sunday.

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment