Thursday, April 12, 2012

♥♥ More Valentines Day stuff! ♥♥

valentines day food & decor 012

We’ve got ♥♥ HEARTS ♥♥ all over the place

during the month of February!

me 008

Pancakes for the Princess…note those A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E puppy pjs!

(no, I didn’t make them, but I wish I had)

me 006

valentines day food & decor 015

I tried making heart shaped bread with my Pampered Chef loaf pan.

valentines day food & decor 014

The results were less than stellar & not photo worthy

…tasted good, though!

valentines day food & decor 003

I made an 1950′s Jell-O molded salad

recipe with pineapple & cream cheese.

I found it on Pattycakes in the Kitchen &

it was everything I remembered.

Delish!

valentines day food & decor 024

Have you tried these shaped marshmallows?

Such fun!

valentines day food & decor 025

Had to put them in a pretty little jar, too!

valentines day food & decor 032

I thought these pretty PINK Jordan candies

(JoAnn’s wedding supply section)

would fit into the scheme of things.

This would also be great for October &

Breast Cancer Awareness month.

valentines day cupcakes & candy 001

I filled another jar with more of the darling cupcake liners.

Such a festive & inexpensive decorating idea!

valentines day food & decor 034

I saw Martha Stewart use her shredder to make

mounds of crinkled stuffing out of used

tissue paper.

valentines day food & decor 039

I could just cry when I think of all the pretty wrinkled tissue papers
I’ve thrown away over the years.
Why didn’t I ever think of this??

valentines day food & decor 040

I shredded some to go beneath my stash

of Chocolate ♥♥♥‘s.


I saw on Pinterest where someone had sewn

paper doily hearts together with a wee bit

of candy tucked inside.

credit

So I had to make some for the Princess…

she was royally pleased & shared them with her little girlfriends.

valentines day food & decor 048

valentines day food & decor 063

I added a butterfly to my metal card holder.
It was attached to one of my
birthday cards.
Motherrrr, you never throw anything away!”

valentines day food & decor 070

I made the grandkids a batch of Rice Krispie Treats

valentines day food & decor 071

Jazzed them up a bit by spreading melted

chocolate chips along one side &

shaped sprinkles for effect.

valentines day food & decor 074

valentines day food & decor 078

I worked on perfecting my cake decorating skills

on some cupcakes.

valentines day food & decor 080

The ones that had a mounded top to them,

I just sliced it off, cut out a ♥ shaped &

put LOTS of icing on before resetting the cut out top.

(saw that idea on Pinterest, too)

valentines day food & decor 055

I filled the liners 1/3 full with white cake batter,

then used paste coloring to tint the rest of the batter PINK!

valentines day food & decor 054

I love seeing that marbled effect!!

valentines day cupcakes & candy 002

End result looked like this!

valentines day food & decor 082

I had to set them outside in the snow to get a decent picture,

it has been so dark & gloomy around here.

valentines day food & decor 049

valentines day food & decor 052

We’ve got ♥♥ hearts ♥♥ EVERYWHERE!!

valentines day food & decor 030

(another idea from Pinterest…using pedicure foams to keep bobbins under control)

Thanks for stopping by to see whats going on at

The Gazebo House.

fondly,

Rett


I’ll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday,

Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday &

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for

Table Top Tuesday.

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment