Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Slow Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

DSC_0137

One of my very favorite foodie bloggers is

Cathy from Wives With Knives.

She shares some of the most flavorful & interesting recipes

and she takes FABULOUS photos of the finished dish, too.

She has inspired me so many times to try new recipes.


DSC_0028


Because every year, my sweet hubby grows TONS of

tomato plants from SEED

DSC_0122


We have LOTS of Fresh TOMATOES to eat!

The above photo was just

ONE DAY’S HARVEST

from last year!!!

Needless to say, I am always looking for

ways to use up tomatoes.

Cathy shared her wonderful recipe for

Slow Roasted Tomato Basil Soup

DSC_0140


I have adapted her recipe to

accommodate our health issues here at

The Gazebo House

by lowering the salt as well as the fat content.

The flavor is still WONDERFUL!!

You’ll never again enjoy canned tomato soup

once you try this homemade version.

Every time I serve it to friends & family

it gets rave reviews!

Stop back on Wednesday to see

the table settings at which it was served last week.

Good Earth table 004


Print
HERE for my version of the recipe

I’m joining Yvonne at StoneGable for

On The Menu Monday

as well as

Michael Lee at Rattlebridge Farm for

Foodie Friday

and The Tablescaper for

Seasonal Sunday

Thank you to all the bloggers who host these

fun memes for us to share in!

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment