Friday, April 13, 2012

♥♥ ♫♪ Valentines Day Preparations ♪♫ ♥♥

valentines decor 006

We’re full of fun ♥♥♥♥‘s & other SWEET

Valentines Day preparations here at The Gazebo House.

valentines decor 002

I had to try filling my apothecary jar with

pretty cupcake liners after I saw

darling display idea Kathy did on Kathys Cottage

valentines decor 004

BJ, over at Sweet Nothings is having a

little give-away of some of those same

Mary Engelebreit cupcake liners,

so pop on over to her place & sign up.

They’re A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

valentines decor 005

Ms. C. was here for a visit &

hung red felt ♥♥♥‘s in our sunroom windows.

Don’t you the contrast of them,

against the white snow?

valentines decor 020

I’ve got a shaped wreath on the front door

that pays homage to my love of tennis.

*I’ve been playing weekly for over 25 yrs now*

I was inspired by Karen's glasses holder from Sew Many Ways

(Did you SEE her sewing room??? TDF!!!)


valentines decor 018

So I redid this little metal hanging ???? envelope???

whatever it is….was pale pink & green.

I sprayed it white but I think it needs another coat.

*note to self…don’t buy the cheap spray paint EVER again*

valentines decor 017

I’ve tucked in some of the many SWEET cards my honey has

given me over the past 25 years.

Yes, I’ve saved EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!

(plus the ones from my grands)

Someday he’ll be gone & I want to be able to go back to

read the SWEET words he wrote to me while still alive.

DSC_0279

Speaking of painting, I sprayed the above lantern

with oil rubbed bronze & it looks

SOOOO much better now,

don’t you think?

valentines decor 019

It is especially pretty at night with the little battery

operated tea light inside.

valentines decor 008

I’m still trying to think of something creative to do with this vintage floral container. I’m not talented enough to make a sideways flower arrangement in it.

Look at all the wonderful ways to fill vintage containers.

credit


Any suggestions on how to gussy mine up a bit???

I’m joining Susan’s, Between Naps on the Porch

Metamorphosis Monday meme,

a rare treat for me!

I don’t usually have very many

“Before & After” changes to share.

I’m also joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life

for her

Table Top Tuesday party &

The Tablescaper for

Seasonal Sundays


Thanks for stopping by The Gazebo House today.

I hope you have a very SWEET start to your week.

fondly,

Rett

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment