Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!!

Valentines table & backers rack 002

Today is a special day for lovers all over & it is also

our 25th wedding anniversary!

Yes, we were married on Valentines Day!


Valentines table & backers rack 001


The house has been decorated for weeks & lots of shaped goodies have been made & shared with family & friends.



Valentines table & backers rack 010


Everywhere you look, there are reminders of this very special day & our love for each other.


DH

This photo was taken on Christmas Eve,

the night we got engaged.

I adore the look of love in his eyes &

I'll carry this photo in my wallet, forever.


Valentines table & backers rack 006

Valentines table & backers rack 007


To start the day, I made us "Parmesan Baked Eggs"

from a recipe I saw on the Pinch of Yum blog.

This is pretty much her recipe except where I noted that I made a few, slight changes due to ingredients that I had on hand.

Parmesan Baked Eggs
Author: Pinch of Yum (with changes that I made noted in RED)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 3
Ingredients
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter (used a wee bit less)
  • 1/2 teaspoon oil (used a wee bit less)
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced (I didn’t have fresh but I did have Rosemary/Garlic seasoning, which worked great! Sometimes fresh rosemary is too strong for me)
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used less, due to BP issues at The Gazebo House)
  • 6 eggs (I used only 4, since there were just 2 of us eating)
  • 1 tablespoon heavy cream (used a wee bit less)
  • freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions

In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil. Add shallot and saute until soft and fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Add herbs and salt; remove from heat and stir to combine. The mixture should be somewhat coarse and just a little buttery.

Preheat the oven to 375. Place a small pat of butter (about 1 teaspoon) in the bottom of each of 3 ramekins. Place in oven until butter is melted. Watch carefully…I burned the first pat.

Remove ramekins from oven, add 1 teaspoon of cream to each, and crack 2 eggs into each ramekin without breaking the yolk. Sprinkle the herb mixture over the top of each ramekin and return to the oven. Bake for about 7 minutes.

Turn up the heat to the broil setting and let the eggs broil for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven when egg whites are just set and yolks are still soft. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Season pepper & salt, if you use it…I did not, as I felt the Parmesan cheese was salty enough.

I agree with her note that the timing of this dish is really important. Be sure to have everything at hand & ready & watch the clock closely or you will over cook the eggs. Ours were PERFECT!


valentines day food & decor 023


They were delicious…and I don't usually like eggs! I can't wait to make them again but it will be awhile, as I don't serve him bacon & eggs too often,

since his attack a few years ago & then later, the stent insertion.

I am so thankful that they were able to fix his

and

I am so very happy that he is still around to celebrate this very special day!

Happy 25th Anniversary, Honey!

I’m linking up with Marty’s Table Top Tuesday , Susan’s BNOTP Tablescape Thursday & The Tablescapers Seasonal Sunday, just because of all the dishes!
Thanks Marty, Susan & Ms. A. for hosting these fun memes, again & again.

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment