Sunday, April 8, 2012

Play BALL!!!

P4040027

We’ll be away from home for Easter this year,

so I didn’t think I’d have a tablescape to share at

Cuisine Kathleen’s “Let’s Dish” party

or Susan’s BNOTP Tablescape Thursday.

P4040016

However, when I arrived at

my friend Nicole’s home today,

for *Smock & Talk*,

she had her kitchen table all set up for

a Cleveland Indian’s Opening Day Celebration!

(which is Thursday of this week)

P4040017

She MADE all of these darling placemats!!!

Aren’t they cute??

I wish I’d had my good camera with me,

because these photos don’t do them justice.

They were just so happy & vibrant looking &

I just flipped over all the creative

“accoutrements” that she has added.

P4040018

That chubby pink fellow is

“Slider” in the center…

he is the Cleveland Indian’s mascot &

he’s cheering for O-H-I-O!

P4040020

There was a bobble-head doll at each place

as well as a paper hot dog

holder & a bag of cracker jacks, too.

P4040022

They were having hot dogs with Stadium Mustard

among other things, for dinner.

(EDIT:
I’ve added a hot link to the authentic
Stadium Mustard’s website to answer Alycia’s
question, below.

Its what makes the hot dogs at the ballpark taste so GOOD!)

P4040021

She even had ball park peanuts!!

Too fun!

P4040028

P4040023

Do you recognize this guy on the mound?

Its Bob Feller, the famous & beloved Cleveland Indians pitcher, from 1936-1956, who pitched 266 victories during his playing career. He was nicknamed “The Heater from Van Meter, “Bullet Bob” & also “Rapid Robert”.

P4040025

P4040026

P4040015

I know the kids had to be thrilled

to come home from school to find

all this waiting for them.

I wish I could have been there to

see their faces when they walked in the door.

I’m pretty sure they’re going to the game tomorrow, too.

P4040024

I wish I was…..Go Tribe!

PLAY BALL!!!!

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment