Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting Sparkly....So Not Cool....

I don’t know if you’ve ever gone out feeling that you’ve scrubbed up well until you got back and realised you really did not.

Last night was one of those nights.

I was chatting with some lovelies over on Facebook …..
{and what do you mean you’ve not joined me over there yet? Just clickety-click on this here ‘Like’ button so as not to miss out on any more awesome chitchat…
Aaaah, isn’t that so much better?!}
….about how I was going to a good friend of mine’s birthday do. It was a dressing-up occasion….which normally you can’t drag me away from.

But, now 32 weeks pregnant, I’m getting biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig, girlies. There’s no getting round it. I tried on what seemed like a hundred different dresses, all of which made me feel utterly enormous, until I came across one tucked at the back of my wardrobe that I’d not worn before.

It was made of gorgeous, stretchy, sparkly material that seemed to cling in all the good places, and skim over the not-so-good.

Cue a very frolicsome night indeed….
until I got home and my handsome husband pointed out that somehow the afore-mentioned sparkles had transferred themselves in quantity from my dress to my face.

Not like this…..

Mmmmmm……..not so good.

…more like this!!
So, I would like to reassure you all that I’m not embracing my eleven-year-old self make-up-wise.
{What? Didn’t you put glitter-gel on your face too?}
It was just a very unfortunate incident…..

Please tell me I’m not alone 
in my going-out embarrassments….
Have you been there too?

Modern Country Style


No comments:

Post a Comment