Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Luck Bear Cake and Dairy Free, Soy Free Frosting Recipe

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!! I know it isn’t until Saturday but I have seen so many projects floating around I felt I should do something for the holiday. Then last week my awesome coworker gave me a vintage Wilton Care Bear cake pan.  I knew I had to make a Good Luck Bear.  I al&# 115;o have been wanting to try out some gluten free cake mixes and dairy free frosting.
I used Pamela’s vanilla cake mix- it was really really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it considering it was gluten free. My family really liked it as well- I didn’t even have any left over to take to work.

For the frosting there was a little more guess work involved.  I originally started looking for a dairy free, gluten free frosting recipe. I happened upon this frosting recipe on a online forum. I was all set to go with it until I realized Criso is all soybean oil (and I don’t really li ;ke the way it tastes). But when I was at the store I saw the coconut oil and realized that was what I should use.  The frosting turned out great- very yummy!
Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free Frosting 
1 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 teaspoon clear butter flavoring
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
pinch of salt
Enough almond milk to get to desired consistency 
I am not a cake decorator (as you can probably tell). I feel like I could do a lot better if I had thinner tips to go on my decorating tube. But I think he turned out kinda cute.
My husband kept referring to this though……

Source

He’s not that bad…. really?

I will be linking up with some of these parties!

AllergyFreeWednesdays

shabby creek cottage

UndertheTableandDreaming

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!

Signature 2

Scout’s Stitches


No comments:

Post a Comment