Tuesday, April 3, 2012

♣ ♣ Top O' The Mornin' to You! ♣ ♣

St Patricks Day 2012 104

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

March 13th is very special for several reasons this year!

The first reason is that today is

Cuisine Kathleen’s 4th Annual

“St. Patrick’s Day Blog Crawl”

One of the very BEST annual blog parties ever &
I am thrilled to be able to participate again this year.

“Is maith liom ceol Gaelach”

translation:

I like IRISH music!

If you’d like to listen to some of my favorite
Irish music while you scroll through the photos,
just start this youtube video for a
beautiful rendition of
“When Irish Eyes Are Smiling”

St Patricks Day 2012 059

We’ve got Celtic accents all over The Gazebo House.

St Patricks Day 2012 037

Our table has been set with Kelly Green since
shortly after Valentines Day!
(you can tell by all the snow outside)

St Patricks Day 2012 046 cropped

St Patricks Day 2012 009

Pfaltzgraff white dinner plates topped with Bordallo Pinheiro
cabbage leaf salad plates have been in use for weeks,
mixed with Gibson’s white bowls, when needed.

St Patricks Day 2012 020


The gentle curved edges echo each other a wee bit.

Ms. C. says “?? a wee bit?? Nana Rett, you talk funny!”


St Patricks Day 2012 013


This beautifully textured pitcher was a gift from my
sweet step-son & his wife.
Sadly, there aren’t any markings to identify its origin.

St Patricks Day 2012 014

We drink tea several times a day,
so my GREEN teapot & Irish shamrock tea cozy
are getting a good workout this month.

St Patricks Day 2012 025

St Patricks Day 2012 019

Dollar Store stemware rests on some
Free Standing Lace (FSL) coasters that I
made with my embroidery machine.
I have more designs, like this one:



to show you later in the week
with a few tips, too.


St Patricks Day 2012 027

Since cabbage is always on sale in March,
I made StoneGable’s Cabbage Soup last week &
we loved it… it is much better than my old recipe.

Thanks, Yvonne, for sharing it.
I’m SOOO glad you’ve come back to blogging!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

St Patricks Day 2012 031


The recipe can be found HERE.
We topped it with croutons but I’m sure cheese would be good, too.

St Patricks Day 2012 047

We recently had Caesar Chicken Roll-Ups for lunch
(look for the recipe later)

ANYTHING GREEN goes this month!!

St Patricks Day 2012 052

St Patricks Day 2012 109


In one corner of the kitchen counter,
I gathered all my Belleek pieces.

Some were gifts from dear sweet friends &
others I purchased from an Irish shop
in Venice, FL where we lived for almost 10 years.

St Patricks Day 2012 111


Did you notice my a little Leprechaun thimble?

He’s not Belleek, but he sure is cute !!

St Patricks Day 2012 110

St Patricks Day 2012 118

I have lots of green on the bakers rack in the kitchen

mixed in with my white ironstone & milk glass.

St Patricks Day 2012 120

I like how the white pieces

mix so easily with different holiday colors.

St Patricks Day 2012 119

Can you see, I went BACK to Old Time Pottery & bought

just ONE of their darling GREEN & white polka-dot dishes?

I’ll probably kick myself for not getting more but

seriously, how many casserole dishes do I need?

St Patricks Day 2012 123

My favorite Irish cookbook assumes
its rightful place of honor.
Darina Allen is the QUEEN of Irish cooking!
I hope NBC’s TODAY show has her on again this year.

St Patricks Day 2012 124

St Patricks Day 2012 121


I found this subway art
print online at eighteen25′s blog.
There is still time for YOU to print one
…just
go HERE

St Patricks Day 2012 127

St Patricks Day 2012 085

Ms. C. helped me make this dress for her doll

who joined us at the dining room table for Sunday brunch.

St Patricks Day 2012 075

We had sandwiches & salad, topped with delicious

Irish Cheddar Cheese.

St Patricks Day 2012 050


When we were in Ireland a few years ago,

I asked one of the serving girls what kind

of cheese was on the buffet…it was SOOO GOOD!

She looked at me like I was daft & said

“Cheddar”, with a lilt, as if it was very obvious.

I had never tasted cheddar as delicious as that before.

This KerryGold brand is as close to that

freshly made, local flavor that I have been able to find.

St Patricks Day 2012 068

Today is also Marty’s (A Stroll Thru Life)

Spring Cloche Party!

St Patricks Day 2012 072


Every year, I use my Chantilly Tiara GREEN glass
dishes
for St. Patrick’s Day in the dining room.
They were
made by the Indiana glass company in the 1980s & are considered “Reproduction Depression” glass,
not truly from the Depression era.



St Patricks Day 2012 087

I am trying to teach Ms. C. all about her heritage

& to foster a love of all things Irish in her heart.

I tell her about my grandmother’s mother,

who followed her one true love over to America,

(during the potato famine in the mid 18oo’s)

where they married & had 5 children,

the youngest being my

grandmother, Mary Elizabeth.

St Patricks Day 2012 084

St Patricks Day 2012 074

I kept the centerpiece playful,

for Ms. C’s benefit.

I noticed that I seem to have developed

a love for reticulated edges!

St Patricks Day 2012 071

Its fun to change the ribbons in accordance

with whatever holiday we’re celebrating.

I’m sure you’ll see these with

red/white & blue ribbons, soon.

St Patricks Day 2012 076

Since the depression glass is so delicate,

I used my mother’s William. A. Rogers

ONEIDA Silverplate.

The pattern is Wildwood /Always from 1958.

It is lightweight & very feminine in appearance.

St Patricks Day 2012 077

The Celtic Knot napkin rings pick up both the

silver of the flatware & the gold of the coins.

St Patricks Day 2012 078

It didn’t take Ms. C. very long to discover that there was

CHOCOLATE inside them!

St Patricks Day 2012 081

I found these pretty vintage sherbert glasses at an antique

store in Copley, OH several years ago.

St Patricks Day 2012 083

Of course, I had to put some GREEN M&M’s on the table

in a pretty milk glass container that looks like its quilted.

St Patricks Day 2012 089

On the side table, where cups & dessert are located,

I have a cloche’ with some of my fathers sheet music

(he had a BEAUTIFUL tenor voice)

St Patricks Day 2012 112

and several shamrocks &

my Mom’s 4-leaf clover suncatcher.

(They aren’t the same, ya’ know…

you shouldn’t call a 4-leaf clover a “shamrock”)

St. Patrick was said to have used the shamrock,

or the 3 leafed clover to teach the

Holy Trinity, & explain the Father, Son & Holy Ghost,

were 3 parts of one whole.

St Patricks Day 2012 152

By now, the music should be over.

If you’d like to hear more, click below to hear a song

that I remember my Mother singing as she stood at the kitchen sink.

She was always singing Irish tunes, after all, her maiden name was

Peggy O’Neil! Honest, it was!!


“…Many years ago, my Mother sang a song to me,

In a voice so sweet and low.

Just a little ditty,

In her good old Irish way,

And I’d give the world

if she were here

To sing to me today”

St Patricks Day 2012 090

Desserts are served on an antique, round Americana

cut glass 9″ cake pedestal.

St Patricks Day 2012 092


“May your pockets be heavy & your heart be light,

May good luck pursue you each morning and night.”


~Irish Blessing~

The BEST reason that today is so special

is because it is my sweetheart’s birthday!

25th anniversary 001 heart frame H86B

photo from our 25th Wedding Anniversary

(2-14-2012)

Sláinte!

(Gaelic for “Health!”)

Pronunciation: Slaw-in-tche

St Patricks Day 2012 135

I am so grateful that you are still around

to keep me company by the fire,

St Patricks Day 2012 143

to share some Irish coffee or

in my case, tea

St Patricks Day 2012 138

St Patricks Day 2012 137

St Patricks Day 2012 142


You are the SWEETEST man I’ve ever met

St Patricks Day 2012 148

and I am so grateful to still have you

to keep me company by the fire.

St Patricks Day 2012 150


Thank you, everybody for visiting The Gazebo House today.

Come celebrate the holiday with all the other

party goers at Cuisine Kathleen’s

as well as Marty’s

Table Top Tuesday Spring Cloche Party

Susan’s BNOTP Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper’s Seasonal Sunday

&

Michael Lee’s Foodie Friday

Also, ***Our friend Patricia at Butter Yum, needs your vote to win a scholarship to a foodie conference. Please hop over and vote for her!

The Gazebo House


No comments:

Post a Comment