Sunday, April 1, 2012

Edwardian Porches: Dos and Don'ts...

 Whilst we’ve been thinking about what we want for the porch design for our Edwardian house, I’ve come up with a list of Porch Dos and Don’ts, along with some images to match…..wanna see?

{Let’s have a little game…you have to guess which images are Dos and which are Don’ts…}

Make sure the design looks original:


The porch should fit in well with your neighbours:

 

…and with the street….


The porch should reflect the scale of your house:


And, finally, use similar materials to the main building:


Did you guess the Dos and the Don’ts??! 
These are the thoughts that we’re using to envisage our dream porch design….I can’t wait to show you…but it won’t be ready for quite a while so let’s press onwards and upwards…

Can you believe I’m seven months pregnant now? 
And I’m still enjoying wearing clothes that aren’t from my 30 for 30!!

On Friday, I’ll be sharing how…
Images via: Adtrader, Victorious Feline, BricksandBrass, unknown, Victorious Feline

Modern Country Style

No comments:

Post a Comment